How To Factory Reset Your Chromebox
What you need
In order to factory reset your Chromebox, you'll need a:
1. Start with the Chromebox powered on. Power off the Chromebox. Once powered off, your computer screen will go black.
2. Insert the paper clip into the small hole on the side of the Chromebox. There are two holes, the reset hole and the Kensington Lock Slot. The smaller one that is circled in the picture to the right is the hole you want to go for.
3. Keep holding the paperclip in that hole. While holding the paperclip, press and hold both the power and reset buttons. Hold the paperclip, power button, and reset button until your computer screen turns back on.
4. Your screen will turn back on and it will be in recovery mode. Your screen will look like the one pictured to the right. Once you see this screen, press Ctrl + D on your keyboard.
5. Your screen will change again, asking you to press the Recovery button once more. The Recovery button is the button you pressed with the paperclip earlier.
6. Use the paperclip to press the Recovery button again. You don't have to hold it this time, just a quick press.
7. Your screen will go black for a second after you do this, and then it will turn back on and say “OS verification is OFF.”
8. On your keyboard, press the Space bar. You will see a screen that looks like the one below, asking you to confirm that you wish to turn OS verification on.
Chrome and Promevo
As a Google Premier Partner, Promevo takes a holistic approach to your Google life. From Chrome device solutions to Google Workspace management solutions—Promevo partners with you to ensure your success in your Google journey.
You can shop Chrome devices on our online store or get in contact with one of our sales reps if you have more questions! If you need additional support or training, we are here for you. All Promevo customers get free support from our Google certified specialists. You can search our Knowledge Base, talk to our support team, or even schedule free training.