How To Livestream Using Google Meet
Before you begin
This feature is exclusive to Google Workspace Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, and G Suite Enterprise for Education users.
Why would you want to livestream?
Here are some examples:
You could save time and money on travel by training all new staff remotely.
You can use this to allow people to participate in conferences and other events they can’t physically attend.
You could host an organization-wide all-hands video meeting with multiple presenters, where other guests are view-only.
Who can view livestream meetings?
Only guests within your organization can view a live stream from your organization. Full participants within your organization can stop and start the stream during the meeting, and record the event. Guests who join to view-only cannot participate in the meeting or control streaming and recording. However, through September 30th, 2020 these restrictions are lifted for accounts so that you can invite anyone.
Step 1: Create a Livestream Event
1. Open Google Calendar.
2. Click the Create Event button.
3. Click More Options.
4. Enter the event details such as date, time, and description.
5. Add the presenters or guests that can fully participate in the video meeting. This is NOT your audience. You can add up to 250 participants. All guests that you add to this event can be seen, heard, and present their screen.
To be incredibly clear, use this event to invite the speakers for your organization’s all-hands meeting. People from other organizations can be added, but only people in your organization can record and control streaming.
6. Click the Add Google Meet Video Conferencing button.
7. Click the arrow next to "Join with Google Meet." This should expand the video conferencing details and will have a button that says "Add live stream."
8. Click Add live stream.
9. Save the event. Now you need to create an view-only event for your audience.
Step 2: Invite View-Only Guests to your Livestream
To invite specific people to the view-only live stream, create a view-only event. The event is added to their Calendar and includes the link for view-only guests. You can add up to 100,000 view-only guests. People invited to this event are not seen or heard in the meeting, and cannot present, record or control streaming. They are simply audience members.
1. Open Google Calendar.
2. Click the livestream event that you just created.
3. Click Edit.
4. At the top, click More Actions and then click Create view-only event.
5. Add guests, rooms, and other details to the event.
6. Save the event and send the invite to guests.
Google Meet and Promevo
As a Google Premier Partner, Promevo takes a holistic approach to your Google life. From Chrome device solutions to Google Workspace management solutions—Promevo partners with you to ensure your success in your Google journey.
You can shop Google Meet hardware kits on our online store or get in contact with one of our sales reps if you have more questions! If you need additional support or training, we are here for you. All Promevo customers get free support from our Google certified specialists. You can search our Knowledge Base, talk to our support team, or even schedule free training.