In a situation where you need to re-enroll a deprovisioned Chromebook? Maybe you manage your company’s Chrome fleet and you bought a new Chrome device off a site like Amazon. This device wouldn’t have come with a management license because they’re only able to be purchased from authorized partners of Google. Maybe you decided to give a new user an older, deprovisioned Chrome device that may not have a license after it left the hands of its last owner. No matter the situation, we’ve got you covered!
Before you begin
- You need Chrome management licenses for all of the devices that you’re going to re-enroll. If you do not have Chrome management licenses, you can purchase them from our online store here or speak to one of our Chrome experts for more information.
- We recommend wiping the Chrome device(s) that you wish to enroll in your domain, because devices must be enrolled before anyone signs into them. It’s better to guarantee that the device has been wiped of all local user data instead of finding out later. Click here to learn how to factory reset a Chromebox. For those with Chromebooks, keep reading to learn how to wipe the device.
Step 1: Wipe the deprovisioned Chromebook
1. Begin by powering down the Chromebook. Then, simultaneously press the Esc + Refresh + Power keys on your keyboard.
2. This will bring up a menu with a yellow exclamation point. Follow the remaining on-screen prompts to complete the wiping process.
Step 2: Re-enroll the deprovisioned Chromebook to your domain
Now that you’ve wiped the Chromebook, all that’s left to do is re-enroll the deprovisioned Chromebook to your domain.
1. Turn on the Chrome device and follow the onscreen instructions until you see the sign-in screen. Don’t sign in yet.
2. Before signing in to the Chrome device, press Ctrl+Alt+E to go to the enrollment screen.
3. Enter the username and password from your Google admin welcome letter, or the username and password for an existing G Suite user on your account that has eligibility to enroll.
Note: You can control which users can enroll in your domain with the Enrollment Permissions user policy.
4. Click Enroll device. You’ll receive a confirmation message when you have successfully enrolled the device.
Chromebooks and Promevo
As a Google Premier Partner, Promevo takes a holistic approach to your Google life. From Chrome device solutions to G Suite management solutions—Promevo partners with you to ensure your success in your Google journey.
You can shop Chromebooks on our online store or get in contact with one of our sales reps if you have more questions! If you need additional support or training, we are here for you. All Promevo customers get free support from our Google certified specialists. You can search our Knowledge Base, talk to our support team, or even schedule free training.