So you need to restore a deleted G Suite user because you accidentally deleted a user prematurely, or maybe need access to a deleted user’s files? No worries, follow the steps below to restore a recently deleted G Suite user.
Before you begin
- You can restore a user account up to 20 days after deleting it. After 20 days the data is gone. Not even G Suite Support can restore it.
- A user cannot be restored if the username has been given to someone else as a primary address, an email alias, or a group email address.
- A user cannot be restored if you don’t have an available user license. You can purchase G Suite licenses on our online store here.
- You must be signed in as a super administrator to restore a deleted G Suite user.
- If you only have one Google service, restoring a user automatically reactivates access for the user. If you have more than one service, the user’s access is automatically restored for those services they had a license for—assuming you had automatic license assignment turned on for that service. Otherwise, you need to manually reassign a license for a service to the user.
Restore a deleted G Suite User
1. Sign in to the Google Admin console.
2. On the Admin console home page, click Users.
3. Above the users list, click Add a filter and select Recently deleted.
4. Hover over the user you want to recover. Then click Recover.
5. Review the confirmation notice. Then click Continue.
6. Select the organizational unit you want to assign the user to. Then click Recover.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours for this change to take effect.
Looking for a comprehensive G Suite domain management solution?
Sometimes, the Google Admin console’s capabilities are very limited. As a result we created gPanel, a comprehensive management and reporting solution for G Suite. Features like advanced user administration and superior domain security make gPanel a critical piece of any efficient G Suite domain. gPanel is highly rated not because of price or flash, but because of its simple and powerful functionality. Check out more features of gPanel here or sign up for a personal demo!