You can now bulk upload users in gPanel. This will allow you to add multiple users from a Google Sheet. A few things to note before beginning:
- This process can only be run once. If the process fails, you will need to start over.
- The same sheet cannot be used more than once. For every Bulk Upload User operation you wish to complete, you will need to create a new spreadsheet and a new Bulk Operation.
1. To get started, go to Tools and click Bulk Operations.
2. Click the + icon in the top right corner.
3. Give the operation a name and description. Then select Bulk Upload Users from the dropdown menu. Once this is done, click Next.
4. Next, you will need to select a Google Sheet from your Google Drive.
The sheet must contain these column headers: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Password, and Org Unit Path. Below is an example of how the sheet should be set up.
5. Once you have your Google Sheet set up, click Select File.
6. Select the spreadsheet you are wanting to use and click Select.
7. Click Next.
8. In the review section, you have the option to send a notification on completion. If you would like to do this, check the box next to “Send email notifications on completion?” Enter the user that you want to notify and click the + icon to add them. You can add multiple users to the notification list. If you do not want to send a notification on completion, leave the box unchecked.
9. Once you have reviewed everything, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
10. The Bulk Operation is now running. A popup box will appear notifying you that the Bulk Operation has been saved.
11. The popup also includes a link to the Google Sheet that you uploaded. If you click on the “here” link, the sheet will open and you will be able to see that status of the operation. If you see any errors, you can open the Errored Rows tab at the bottom of the sheet to find what the error(s) are.
12. You will also see a notification in the top right corner of gPanel telling you that the process has been completed. The message will also notify you of any errors.