Before people on your team can sign in and use your organization’s Google services, they need a user account. To create a user account, you just need the person’s first and last name. It might be a good idea to have a secondary email address to send sign-in details for the new user.
Important: You need to have at least one license for each user before creating a new user.
1. From the Admin console homepage, click on Users.
2. Click on the yellow plus sign at the top left. If you are adding multiple users at once, use the multiple users button.
3. Fill out the information in the pop up window.
- If you have multiple domains, you can choose which one you would like for the users email.
- You can automate a password or create a password for them and then have them change the password when they first log in.
4. Click add new user.
When you are finished creating the new user, the new user can now sign in. If you added a secondary email address, the new user receives a welcome email message that explains how to sign in for the first time. It can take up to 24 hours for new user accounts to appear in the searchable global Directory.