Before you can start using a Google Meet Hardware kit, you have to add a resource to the Google Admin console. These instructions explain how to add a resource in the Google Admin console.
The video explanation starts at 1:35.
Before you begin
- You must have at least one building configured in your domain. You can find instructions on adding a building in the Admin console here. Once you have a building configured in the Admin console, you can add a new resource.
- Once a resource is added, it can take up to 24 hours before you can assign the resource to a Google Meet device.
What is a resource?
A resource is another name for a conference room or meeting area that users within your organization schedule to use on their Google Calendar. For example, you may have several conference rooms within your organization that can be scheduled for meetings. Each conference room would be a different resource. Resources can also include projectors, company fleet cars, guest offices, recreation equipment, or any other resource people might schedule a time to use.
How to add a resource in the Google Admin console
1. From the Admin console home page, click on Buildings and Resources.
2. Click Open in the Resource Management box.
3. In the top left corner of your screen, make sure that Resources is selected in the dropdown.
4. Click on the yellow plus sign to add a new resource.
5. Fill out the correct information for the resource you are adding.
6. Once you have finished entering the correct information, click Add Resource to finalize it’s creation.
Want more granular control of your buildings, resources, and calendars?
While the Google Admin console gives you basic control of the buildings and resources within your domain, gPanel offers more comprehensive management of your domain. Features like advanced user administration and superior domain security make gPanel a critical piece of any efficient G Suite domain. gPanel is highly rated not because of price or flash, but because of its simple and powerful functionality.
Don’t forget, gPanel is available for free to organizations who purchase their G Suite licenses through Promevo!