Need to add a printer manually to your Chrome device? If your printer doesn’t show when you click “Add Printer,” here’s a simple guide on what to do.
Important: You’ll need to know your printer’s IP address, protocol, and queue. To find them, check your printer’s display panel, manual, device specs, or help website.
- Click your account photo.
- Click Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- In the “Printing” section, click Printers.
- Click Add Printer.
- Optional: To quickly add a nearby printer, click Add Nearby Printers. If you see a list of printers but don’t see your printer, click Add Manually.
- Enter your printer information:
- Name: Enter any name.
- Address: Enter your printer’s IP address.
- Protocol: For most printers, the supported connection protocol is IPP.
- Queue: For most printers, the queue is ipp/print.
- Click Add.
- In the box that appears, choose your printer manufacturer and model.
- To find this info, look at the label on your printer.
- If you don’t see your printer in the list, check your printer info for its “printer language” or “emulation.” Then choose the “Generic” option that looks similar.
- If you have your printer driver, click Browse to upload it. The file must be 250 KB or smaller.
- Click Add.