Once you have all your hardware and software, you’ll be able to add an app to your kiosk. Here’s how you do it.
Choosing an app
Then you’ll be able to install your app.
How to install an app on your kiosk
Once you have chosen which app you’d like your kiosk to run, you can install it. If you’re adding multiple apps at once, you’ll do this through Device Settings. If you’ll need to configure other settings in the applications, you’ll need to use App Management. This will let you add one app at a time.
Device Settings (adding multiple apps at once)
- Sign in to your Admin console account.
- Click Device management > Chrome management > Device settings and choose Manage Kiosk Applications in the Kiosk Apps section.
- If you’re hosting a public or unlisted app in the Chrome Web Store, search for the app there and click Add.
- Public–Search for the app by name or ID.
- Unlisted–Search for the app using the app ID.
- Note: Find the app ID by searching for the app on the Chrome Web Store. The app ID is the URL string bolded in this example:
- If you’re hosting a trusted tester app in the Chrome Web Store, enter the app ID and this URL https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx in the Specify a Custom App dialog. Then click Add.
- If you’re not hosting the app in the Chrome Web Store, enter the app ID and the URL of the third-party web server in the Specify a Custom App dialog. Then click Add.
App Management (adding apps one at a time)
- Sign in to the Admin console.
- Click Device management > Chrome management > App management and select the app.
- Click Kiosk settings.
- Choose the organizational unit where you want to deploy the kiosk app and click Save.
Once you do this, you’ll be able to use your Chrome device in kiosk mode.