Google recently announced price increases for G Suite licenses. These increases will take effect on April 2, 2019.*
To make the G Suite portfolio consistent, Google will remove the cost difference between annual and monthly pricing beginning April 2, 2019.
Which G Suite licenses are being affected?
- G Suite Basic will increase in price to $6 per user per month
- G Suite Business will increase in price to $12 per user per month
- G Suite Basic Deskless will increase in price to $3 per user per month
- G Suite Business Deskless will increase in price to $6 per user per month
Which G Suite licenses are NOT being affected?
- G Suite Enterprise
- G Suite for Education
- G Suite Enterprise for Education
Other important G Suite updates:
- For existing customers on the Flexible Plan, the new list prices will go into effect on April 2, 2019.
- For existing customers on the Annual Plan, the new prices will go into effect the first time your plan renews on or after April 2,2019.*
- G Suite Connected Worker licenses will be discontinued and no longer offered
Why are prices increasing?
Google introduced the original version of G Suite, including Gmail and Google Calendar, more than 10 years ago. Since then, Google has added more than a dozen new G Suite services, including real-time collaboration (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and flexible storage (Drive), powerful video conferencing (Hangouts Meet), secure team messaging (Hangouts Chat) and enterprise-grade search capabilities (Cloud Search). Google has also infused their products with advanced artificial intelligence to make it easier to respond to emails, gather insights from data and protect against phishing attacks before they happen.
To keep pace with the value that G Suite provides to customers, Google is increasing the list prices of the G Suite Basic and Business editions starting April 2, 2019.
Want to learn more?
If you have any further questions or would like us to review your current billing subscription to take advantage of current pricing or current upgrade pricing please fill out the form below or reach out to email@example.com or (888) 380-1061 option 3.
* Please note that these changes will not impact any contract or renewal events prior to April 2, 2019.